Monday, August 16, 2010

Water

A couple of months back I sat down to test two glass colours, or more specifically compare them. There appeared to be very little difference between in rod form so I wondered how they would differ, if at all after being in the flame.

CiM's Mermaid was a breath of fresh air to me when it was released. Looking at the sample online I just knew that it was going to be a perfect match to the only shade of 'blue' (it is really teal but slightly more on the blue side) I like to wear these days. I can never find any clothing with that particular shade in it, aside from a favorite top I purchased a few years ago, so a nice necklace & bracelet will be the perfect accessories to pull in an idea I have centring around that colour.

Somewhere along the way I got carried away in my testing, pulling out rods of glass that I thought would be a shade lighter than the previous one until I got to the palest in what I had available & then I started on the blues.I stopped before I went through my complete palette of blue glasses realising that every colour I had used was a colour that I had seen water appear. From deep freshwater springs & tropical lagoons to huge bodies of ocean & inland lakes. Put together like this it really makes one realise what an amazing element water is.

Sea & Sky

3 comments:

Bobbie Pene said...

I try to resist blue because I wear a blue uniform at work, but it is a beautiful colour with soooooo many different shades and tones. I prefer the more teal and turquoise shades. CiM's Mermaid is a lovely colour.

Sharon Driscoll said...

Nice set of blues Deb. I guess we are both surrounded by water! But my bodies of the wet stuff aren't quite as big as yours - : - ).

Kerri said...

all those blues! very pretty-