Sunday, March 17, 2013

Focus on Life - Week 11 "The Possibilities are Endless"

This week the prompt for the "Focus on Life" photo challenge, the brain child of Sally Russick of Studio Sublime is "The Possibilities are endless".
Each week Sally sends us a photo prompt to encourage us to look at, & document, our lives in an unique way as we travel through 2013. As this weeks phrase has different meanings it can be interpreted in a number of different ways.

When I look at a length of fabric, a ball of yarn, bundles of glass, a beautifully grained piece of timber, a blank page or canvas - I see endless possibilities. When I'm faced with a bland, bare room or a patch of undeveloped or unkempt land my brain & imagination go into overdrive as I visualise the potential of what they could become.

However, when I see a storm damaged tree being felled, I tend to see just that! Oh yeah, my mind might wander to the possibility of some nice mulch for the garden if the tree crew have a grinder/shredder they use. But as a rule it's just about the tree coming down.....& a stump being left.

And so it was earlier this week when the crew arrived to remove a wattle that had become unstable in recent storms.

I watched as they worked on it - whittling away bit by bit.

I got excited at the potential of some garden mulch...
& even helped drag over some of the branches.

I burst into laughter as I looked out from the patio & saw what they were doing with the stump!
Apparantly I'd been nice, the coffee & the cake at smoko time passed muster,  & the guys said I deserved a throne complete with foot rest. Even tree stumps have endless possibilities.

That will teach me for teasing them about the height of stumps here in Brisbane. I've noticed there seems to be a bit of a thing about leaving taller than normal stumps in. For some reason a lot of tree's only get taken back to fence height & it looks exceptionally odd!


Please pop on over to The Studio Sublime & catch what everyone else is up to.








15 comments:

LoriF said...

Oh, I love what your "possibility" turned into! It's so cool when someone doing a job that has to be done, gets creative with it. Congratulations!

Beti Horvath said...

Love your new "throne!" There are possibilities all over.

glassbead, isinglass design said...

What a great throne!

Unknown said...

What an awesome stump - I love it! You must make a great cup of coffee.

Sydny Malone said...

I love the stump. would love to have one in my garden for sure!

thewovenspoke said...

What an awesome outcone and endless possibility to have a cuppa too :)

Mary Lamoray said...

Oh man! That is fantastic, I LOVE it!!!

Annette said...

Haha, that is so great!

Tanya said...

I adore the throne. If nothing else, it should bring a smile to your face when you see it every day. :)

Tanya said...

I love your "throne." Even if you don't use it, I know it will bring a smile to your face every day. :)

Donna said...

Awesome! I love it.

Tracy Statler said...

Oh that is too funny! I love that they made you a throne of your own. Lucky girl. : )

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Look at your awsome garden art! You are one lucky lady as I would love to have that, too!!

Unknown said...

I made the tree cutters do the same thing when a tree had to come down in our front yard. Great post.

Becky Pancake said...

Cool throne. And the rest of the tree has endless possibilities to become something else too.