Monday, January 08, 2024

Interchangeable Needle Case Planning

I’m not precious about knitting needles. In my experience, there is no “one brand fills all requirements” type of solution - different yarns are often easier to handle when we tailor different needle materials to them I’m also hesitant to pay decent wads of money for sets of interchangeable needles that include sizes that I will rarely (if ever) use. To need to use anything above 4.50mm is rare & over 7.00mm is exceptionally rare in my knitting repertoire.

I also seem to find myself forever searching for pairs of spare tips in the 3.00 - 4.00mm size range. As a result, I appear to have accumulated *rather a lot* of various material, & brand, tips along the way. It has been on my mind for months that I need to make something to house them more effectively than the zip case I currently use. I dislike zips near my knitting - the snag potential is real. My project bags are all on the smaller side & I would like something that I can just slip into them - like my HiyaHiya case does.

Along the way, ideas (& my ideals) have been percolating & I’ve finally had time to play with bits of paper & measurements. Rather than go my usual route, which is to make a prototype in cheap fabric “just in case it doesn’t work”  (& then end up with something that works rather well in awful fabric) - I’m jumping in feet first & going for something reasonable.


I thought that it might be time to start putting things down in the fabulous Creators Friend Hobby notebooks that I purchased last year - before I lose all of my bits of paper! Next step cutting & sewing...

No comments: