Saturday, September 18, 2010

Good things come in three's

Trillium


Spring is my favourite time of year with good reason. Aside from the days starting to stretch out into lighter evenings & the weather warming up, nothing quite beats watching plants that have remained dormant through winter come into bud then bloom.

I was thrilled to come home after work tonight & on a wander around the back of the house, notice that this trillium. It's all the more special to me right now as it has survived the last 6 years in a planter bag since being uplifted from my last real garden. 
I had planted it in a tub with a hosta & a few other mixed perennials back in April, not long after we moved here, & the silly thing started sprouting away out of season only to get hit hard by the frosts over winter.   The last time I saw it, it looked frosted & dead with brown growth emerging through the soil. Not any more!!

No comments: