Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Clever Designer!

It's always great to see where your beads end up - or more importantly what design they end up in. On Monday I had the pleasure of spending some time with a fellow Kiwi 'soon to be lampworker' & friend, Rose.

Rose lives in Waimate here in the South Island &, among other things, designs jewelry. She's very good at it & I love the way she departs from the 'norm' when she uses one of my beads in a design. Rose has purchased a few of my beads since I started lampworking ...while we wait PATIENTLY for her to finish renovations so she can set up the torch, kiln & glass that she was waiting & start making her own!! I wish she lived closer.

Somehow between Monday & this evening, Rose found the time to put a couple of pieces together, using a bead that she had purchased a wee while ago - along with some other components that just seem as if they were made to go with it.



I don't know that she she has named the necklace - but I shall. I'm going to call it "Fabulous"!!


While Rose was here I had a rummage through some beads I had put aside to sell as an orphan lot & pulled a few of the silver glass experiments out to give her. I just knew this odd wee assortment would end up looking pretty darn special & as if they had always meant to be used with each other....they did!






3 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Wow! Deb, great beads and what a fabulous designer!

Lisa said...

Very nice work!

And "tag"...
http://lisaliddy.wordpress.com/2008/11/06/duck-duck-gooseno-wait-its-tag-youre-it/

angelinabeadalina said...

Did I tell you these are indeed fabulous? Some days, I forget whether or not I've drooled and commented or just drooled over pretty pictures, LOL. I love the look of both pieces, just something so nicely unique and classy about them!