Monday, July 06, 2009

An Official day - A week Late

It had been my intention to declare a certain day in late June official "World - Orange Day".

Why?

Quite simply because I think each colour should have an official day dedicated to it & in the case of orange it should be every day!
Actually, it was really because celebrating orange seemed so much more fun tham celebrating a birthday.

It was also inspired by the fabulous birthday gift that my dear friend Mallory sent me the week before the dreaded day.

Mallory went shopping for something orange or something tribal at the Bead & Button show. The clever lady managed to come up with both in this fabulous Bernadette Fuentes "Ancient Nomad" bead. Aren't I just spoiled rotten?
I think I may have squealed when I opened it, Mallory will remember as we were chatting on Skype at the time. I'd told her that her parcel had arrived & I wanted to wait until we were chatting top open it. How is that for restraint?

ancient nomad in orange
Of course it goes without saying that she teased me mercilessly about whether what she had bough was going to be orange enough or tribal enough. She will keep.

I wanted to have this wee dude all strung & ready to wear on my birthday, but looking at my supplies I didn't really have the findings I needed to create what I envisioned, so I decided to wait & do it properly a little later.

3 comments:

rosebud101 said...

I'm so glad you liked it, Deb! I just wasn't sure that it was orange or tribal enough! rofl Now, you are on my blog roll again. I don't know what happened in the last hour.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Deb! That B-Day gift from sweet Mallory is awesome. Can't wait to see how you incorporate this into a necklace.
XO~

angelinabeadalina said...

Mallory did good, really good! That is such a terrific array of oranges, and Bernadette's shapes evoke such feeling. I can't wait to see it once you've made it up into a necklace. It's going to be a showstopper.