Sunday, October 17, 2010

Damage Control

Last night after work we went to the movies. Dare I admit it, my choice was "The Sorcerers Apprentice". I needed something fun & light that I could lose my inner child (the one with the vivid imagination) in....& I kind of like Nicholas Cage.


Since returning from Australia I've found it hard to settle into any sort of routine, difficult to focus & concentrate on anything & I find that in itself incredibly frustrating. The continuing aftershocks haven't helped.

After all of the breath taking moments & utter beauty I absorbed in Australia I guess it's kind of understandable that I didn't want to face up to the destruction here again.

While every part of my being tries to shut out what is happening in this city & the physical me will take routes that circumnavigate the damaged area's, there comes a time when you just have to face up to things.
In recent years I haven't been hugely enamoured of the city I call 'home', yet it rips me apart to see buildings that have always been a part of the character of this place demolished or damaged.

On the way home from the movies we went past the Baptist Church. I decided that I wanted a photo, so we parked the car a little way up the road & walked around to get one. I'm so pleased that I did!


I was standing on one of the cities many bridges to take the above photo & thought to turn around. In doing so the sight of the tree lined Avon River greeted me & reminded me that there is still a lot of 'beautiful' here!

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Wow, Deb, that is a beautiful photo!