Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Week Since I Posted

Just been laying low & taking some 'me' time. August is somewhat frantic with two girls having Birthdays (what was I thinking!!) & probably NOT the best time to give up smoking.

However there was no best time to start smoking in the first place ;o)
Giving up is lot harder than I anticipated this time time around. In my opinion quitting smoking is like dieting....when you are not on a diet, life just goes on & you dont really think about food. You eat when you feel hungry or at meal times.

Things change drastically when you go on a diet - all you think about is food. You read packets, work out what you are allowed, how much you are allowed, calories, kilojoules, fats whatever & of course you have to plan what you are going to have for every meal. It has always seemed to me that your life revolves around food so very much more when you are dieting than when you are not. Probably has a lot to do with why I haven't consciously dieted in many years.

Giving up smoking is the same. All I think about is NOT having a cigarette. I must say - it sucks.
I really think there should be some system that wipes the brain clean of any smoking associated memories & thoughts.
Either that or I should be stuck on a Tropical Island, with no phone, no shops, no kids, no responsibilities & just an endless supply of fresh fruit, glass & my torch. Yep, that would suit me just fine.

Whine over!

Instead of a sunrise (our days have gone to overcast & rainy custard this week) - I did manage to get a shot of a great sunset.

Actually I could live just watching sunrises & sunsets...on a tropical island with my fresh fruit & glass of course.

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

You go, girl! Kick that nicotine in the butt!

Unknown said...

YEAH..........GOOD FOR YOU...

TOOK ME 7 YEARS TO KICK THAT NASTY HABIT...

back at it... getting used to the computer again.. soon mona

life is good...
wish you were here....

Manuela said...

My Yoga teacher says that you must keep your mind on something else and if you don´t have something else you cannot give up smoking. It´s all about our mind and I think you have the Glass to keep you busy.
Keep my fingers crossed for you,

xoxoox

Patty said...

Good for you, Deb! It's a good thing you're doing. I know you can do it.