Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Accentuate the Positive

Sometimes, in order to preserve a vision, you have to take a step back from negativity.
If you allow it to, it will eat undermine the determination you have to reach your goals.

It will start to colour everything you do & before you know it you will be saying to yourself 'what is the point' of this or that.

I don't see the world through Rose tinted glasses, I only have the standard colour sunnies, & a blue pair & an orange pair. They suit me just fine.

Times are tough for everyone, unemployment leapt to a 6% high here in June this year, the highest quarterly jump in 20 years!
I see the closed down businesses, sad empty establishments that have been in existence for as long as I can remember - yet I go to the Mall & see that the Telecom shop is full as always of people looking for new cell phones, the people are still in the store at Silver Moon (a NZ chain of jewelry stores & kiosks). There are still crowds in the fashion stores browsing & buying the new Spring fashions.
Those are the visions that I prefer to take away with me & perhaps later dwell on, they allow me to follow the path of my dreams.



2 comments:

Manuela said...

Dear Deb,

I prefer to wear my sunshine Glasses whenever it is possible, it makes me feel happy and when I feel sad about something I am so glad to have friends like you to talk to :-).
Have a wonderful day,
xxxoxxxx

Unknown said...

we all have rough times deb..
and those that don't just aren't talking...

soon
mona