Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Riding The Wave



I haven’t thought of name for this bead – well not one that would ‘stick’ right now anyway!
Made at the end of yesterdays torching session – out of short ends or silver glasses laying about on my desk, I wasn’t overly optimistic about what could possibly result – then again I figured that it couldn’t be much worse than my attempts at getting colour out of Van Gogh Caramel – or as it has become known around these parts “getting blood out of a stone”.

I’m pretty darn happy with the colours that I got (bit’s of Elektra, Nyx & Gaia randomly swiped over a black & clear base) – the fact that one end went awol is almost academic , but I had started to lose colour & just wasn’t prepared to fiddle any more.

Lets just say for now I am happy to play with scraps in order to learn & hopefully enable myself to torch, rather than torture, the new shipment of silver glass that is hopefully on it’s way from Double Helix as I type.

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Deb, that is one gorgeous bead!