Sunday, July 06, 2008

Caladium

"Caladium"

Working with greens I started with the more subdued shades – naturally ;o)
When the person I am working on these for saw some of my other beads, he honed in on a tiny lime green gaffer bead with their wonderful lime green aventurine & accents of the gaffer gold pink & heliotrope – saying that he would like something along those lines….. but bigger. So I have been pushing my inherent ‘subdued’ inclinations & working with those colours – a lot!

A couple of days ago a few came out of the kiln that I thought would fit the bill.
This bead was one of them – when I saw it the name was a natural! Straight off the veining in the colours reminded me of the Caladium genus of plants – then the fact that a good chunk of that species is exceptionally brightly coloured, seemed to cinch it.

Sometimes I tend to forget that natural colours are those found in nature - & in some instances they can be just as bright, if not brighter, than anything cteated by man.

Later I checked in on Angelina’s blog & looked at the photo’s of her recently finished sitting garden project – there in the corner was a fabulous bright green & pink Caladium – I really sometimes have to marvel at the way things come about.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

That's too funny, Deb! You're so right about the colors of nature! After I told my mom that beets were just such an "unnatural" color, I looked at the pictures I had taken this week and instantly found all those other plants with that beautiful beet purple in them, lol. P.S. I am loving the brights in these beads you're showing now-- the colors are so bold, and the combinations you do have such harmony.

rosebud101 said...

Deb, that is a beautiful bead. I think you are finding your groove with the colors of nature! That is absolutely stunning!

Val Cox said...

beautiful work!