Saturday, July 26, 2008

This Is Not Art…….

But it certainly spins my wheels!

I can’t blog about what I’d like to – for fear that the future recipients (my son & his lovely fiancé Kerry) see it.
What I can tell you is that I had an extremely wonderful offer yesterday from an absolutely fabulous lady. Having been at a total loss as to what to get the lovely couple when they swan down here next month for their engagement party – I had the PERFECT solution of the most perfect gift deposited right into my lap yesterday. This is something I looked at & immediately fell in love with about 6 weeks or so ago, & although I personally loved it – the second I saw it I thought of Kieran & Kerry. It was something that I would have purchased immediately had I had the means to do so – I didn’t & I still don’t. That is about all I can say for now though.

Over the years I come to believe that if something is meant for you than it shall be yours. If something you really desire for some reason doesn’t end up in your possession – then it was never meant to be.
Now I was just about to type “that still doesn’t explain my lost earring though” - & then had it pointed out to me that just maybe it does. For everything there is a purpose.

This is leading somewhere – even though I have left a rather loose end above. If you really want to know what it is I am getting & how it came about – email me & all shall be revealed! Sometimes having a son that is in Specialized Communications in the Army is a real bear! Lol!
I can just hear him saying “Mum – you can run, but you cannot hide “.

A classic example of things happening when they should do is the Tumbler that arrived from the USA this week. I had tried to get one brought back by a friend when she was visiting the USA in January – it just didn’t pan out, which I have to admit was quite disappointing at the time.

Thanks to some timely enablement by a certain person stateside & an equally timely cash injection from NZ’s beloved tax department I was able to procure one of these beauties at last! To those involved stateside in enabling, aiding & abetting & me – I am eternally grateful (well perhaps NOT the tax department – they were just giving what was mine, but late – as usual).

Now anyone who knows me – would know that tools do indeed spin my wheels.
Once I had managed to get the right power transformer the lovely Tumbler had it’s inaugural run &, Allan put some of his chainmaille pieces through. With a lack of steel shot on hand – we tried a suggestion he had found discussed by other chainmailler’s on a forum he belongs to…… Rice!


And it worked ...brilliantly!


2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Gorgeous chain maille! Wow! Now what is it you want to give the new couple for an engagement present!

angelinabeadalina said...

Hey, you and Allan make a great team--the chainmaille and lampwork is a wonderful mix!
I would never be able to keep the secret, so I hope you post pictures after Kieran and Kerry receive their gift:) I've been known to make people open their gifts just as soon as I see them...can't wait to see their faces! Good luck with the secret, and it sounds like a wonderfully well thought out gift.