Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm?

Nor'west Arch & Naked Tree's


I have to capture this - even if just to remind myself again that this is the warmest I have been in winter for almost as long as I can remember.

Here in Christchurch we are 2 days shy of being exactly in the middle of winter - yet it is 14 degrees (57 degrees farenheit for my stateside friends), bright, sunny & a beautiful n'orwest day.
Mallory - I think we are getting your weather!

I knew it was warm this morning when I walked into the garage....oops I mean the "studio"&, I could have just sat down to torch with no heater going to warm the area up first.
It's been mild all week, almost too warm, & at one point more than one of us has said "hmmmmm - snow weather" or "this is too good to be true" - my eternally droll, dry son replied "or there'll be an earthquake".

Sure enough there was an earthquake around lunchtime today - but we didn't feel it. It shook the lower half of the Island & was
centered near Te Anau down the bottom of the South Island. Measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale - it wasn't too bad.


"So Much Green in Winter"

No comments: