Monday, January 26, 2009

I Hope You are Sitting Down

Because, oh my goodness, - it's actually something glass!
Now don't tell anyone - but I got to the torch & made beads. After 5 weeks it was not like riding a bike & for the first two sessions while I did what I felt I should be doing, nothing much went right....or at least the way I intended.

Boy there seemed a lot that needed to be re-learned, but my friendly audio book narrator & I stuck at it. By the third session, with tales of ancient Egypt being absorbed, the flame burning hot & bright, & the effects of the pre dinner G&T still gently lingering I adopted my 'stuff this I'm just going to relax & play' attitude.....it was then that things got considerably better.

For the first time I actually got some stringer to go exactly where I wanted it to my murinni I made didn't seem such a waste of glass when teamed with this combination of ivory & silver glass stringer! Now all I have to do is work on not melting the stringer completely in....& somehow cutting the Murinni shorter so I can melt it in further without distorting the overall shape of the bead ;o)

Three views of "Reyhan"






3 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I am in total and complete awe of you! :)

angelinabeadalina said...

I like! And I am envious-- you made that cool murrini? That is a very nice skill to have, Deb!

By the way, this does not look like a back to the torch after weeks kinda bead. I love the way these colors play together, especially the warmth of the ivory balancing the cooler turquoise.

Happy glass melting!

rosebud101 said...

Jaw dropping, drooling, gorgeous!