Friday, January 16, 2009

Yesterday, Today.

Ang had a wonderful idea on her blog yesterday, & given that it was the first thing I read yesterday morning - it held great appeal at the time. Sadly, in the words of Robert Burns "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry".

Check out here to see what Ang had to say "Hey, Is Everybody A-Okay Today?"

However in the words of Deb - "Better late than dead on time". Of course you can read that how you like as I seem to have forgotten to punctuate it ;o)

Failing being able to post a picture of the dream & the sun I woke up to that made me smile, this is an image that always brings a smile to my face - my back neighbours small but immaculate back yard it's just a spot of colour that is the first thing I see as I get out of bed each day.

You have seen this before on my blog, under water in the winter floods - I really admire their determination in draining it & replanting every season.

Thank you back neighbours...even though I don't officially know you.




Below is the still unfinished piece I am working on. It's such a special bead, to me personally, it kind of needs a royal treatment. I still feel that I haven't done this the justice it deserves....but you know me I had a very vivid picture in my head. Unfortunately I don't have are the resources & skills to enable me to complete that picture the way I would like.



Today I am hopeful that I will get this completed.

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

That is a nice sight to see when you wake up! I think I love the necklace, too!

angelinabeadalina said...

That garden looks lovely, Deb...definitely would bring a smile each morning. I do love the colors in this necklace and can't wait to see your finished vision!