Wednesday, August 20, 2008

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Baby Girl!



Today my baby turned 11 years old. Yep - Miss Gabriela Pinkerela is a baby no longer (still & will always be my baby girl though!).


I’m a fortunate Mum – this is the kid that whenever she is asked what she would like for her birthday – responds with “whatever you would like to get me”. Honestly – she means it! This year was no exception – but it was somewhat harder, because usually I know of at least a few things she has had her eye on, but not this time.


I literally had to beg her for idea’s yesterday – as I had just not come up with a single darn thing. I stopped asking when after the usual “whatever you want to get me” she decided to say “Welllllll …..aside from a horse, a laptop, a guitar or a Nintendo DS – I can’t think of anything” & we went shopping so she could choose instead.


She decided she’d like clothes….a sure sign of heading towards those teen years.
I managed to sneakily buy a book she had shown interest in on a sale table when we entered the mall – I’m impressed, it was a book on Digital Photography.

Miss Gabriela has had a good day – school followed by another trip to the mall & then dinner at Nana’s house…the perfect excuse to models one’s latest ensemble of course….nicely set off with a new ‘big girl’ sterling silver chain to set of her favorite bead – her pink heart from Mallory. Truly a big girl now!

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Happy Birthday, Gabriela! You look so cute and grown-up in your new outfit. Glad you had a great birthday! P.S. Next time you don't know what to ask for, ask for g-l-a-s-s :)

ShellyD said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...............

Not sure I sing to well but I gave it a go. I hope your mom spoilt you rotten!!

rosebud101 said...

Happy birthday, Miss Pinkerellas! Happy Birthday to you1