Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What's been keepin' ya....

from torching Deb?

Oh heaps of things really - but I could have made time in the evenings ....if I hadn't had a special side project that I wanted to complete.

I love knitting - I haven't done much in recent years, the price of wool here has sky rocketed & well..... to be honest I'm a snob. I loathe knitting with anything other than 100% pure wool. Acrylic - yuk! It's doesn't slip each stitch off of your needle the same - wool just glides off, acrylics resist - they drag & kind of squeak as if they need oiling as you knit each stitch off.
It just doesn't feel the same whilst working it - & it certainly doesn't knit up the same.

Don't get me wrong - some of the newer polymides & blends aren't too bad ,& there are some fabulous textured yarns (I won't mention the wonderful new silk & bamboo yarns - yum) but for babies it has to be cotton or wool ....not any old wool, but baby wool, 100% pure & new, fine & soft as down to the touch.

So this is what I've been doing - knitting for some brand new, extremely special wee babies. I've enjoyed every second of it too - maybe I shall do some more.

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Those are so sweet...I can almost feel the softness from here. Lucky babies :)

rosebud101 said...

You forget how tiny they are, those wee ones! YOur work is beautiful!