Saturday, March 14, 2009

The perfect start to a Saturday


Latte & Eye Candy, by way of the latest Issue of the ISGB's Glass Bead magazine. Somehow the arrival of these always makes me feel somewhat less removed from the huge hub of lampworking that is the USA....& not quite so isolated way, way down here.

I saved this issue to enjoy at read & absorb properly, at leisure over the weekend. I was not disappointed!

A wonderful tutorial by Cheryl Brown from canada shows exactly how to use the "Big Hole Cross Link Mandrels" from Arrow Springs March Hot Yellow Flyer.


Now I could make these a lot more interesting & usable design wise with an extra hole for stringing.

5 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Nice coffee and eye candy is indeed a great start to a Saturday!

P.S. Kate sends you a Schnappi good night from way over here! I couldn't imagine "knowing" someone from New Zealand or any other country when I was her age...one of the neat ways the www makes the world smaller :)

marcy said...

I think you need one of those mandrels. What fun!
Marcy

ps My daughter has fallen in love with your country.

Mermaid Glass said...

I loved that tool. I'm even thinking of getting it for myself even though I haven't treated me to anything new in over a year.
Happy Saturday!

Genie Sea said...

A great start to the day indeed! Relaxing and creative-juice making! :)

rosebud101 said...

Great way to start you day!