Monday, March 23, 2009

To Dream

"If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time." Marcel Proust

A while ago I saw a house that was for sale, with an expanse of undeveloped land around it. Not the home of my dreams (my tastes run in the opposite direction in fact) - but I love the verandah, the fact that it is a light colour brick, & most of all I liked the situation of the house. It fuelled my dreams of space & no 6" high fences.... not to mention no shared driveways & no disturbed or disturbing neighbours ;o)

Of course I love nothing more than a blank palette & the possibilities of what I could do with the garden started crowding in immediately.

How is that for a front yard....even room for the horse of Gabriela's dreams (& a dog...each!)

Yep I can imagine sitting here with my morning coffee & planning my garden!

There would even be room around the side or back for one of these to use as my studio!
Now that I have refuelled that dream somewhat - I'm off to the garage studio to play with my camera & torch!

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

OMG, what a cool veranda! Oh, yeah, the lack of the need for privacy fences is understandable! Don't think I don't think about you every time we look at a house with neighbors just a wee bit too close-- that could be good, but too many times it just brings trouble. That shed is absolutely dreamworthy, too, btw :)

Anonymous said...

If someone gifted this property to me, I would live there. Hey, we're talking about dreaming, right?
~Rose.